There you are – standing in front of your thermostat, trying to remember the passcode. But what will happen, if you fail to recall it?
You can easily unlock your
How to Unlock
Honeywell Thermostat If You Forgot the Code?
If you have forgotten your 4-digit passcode, there are two things that you can try out to unlock your
- Insert 1234 as the passcode.
- If that didn’t work, then look inside the thermostat and take note of the 4-digit date code; after that, add 1234 to the number. For example, if the date code is 0919, then insert 2153 as the passcode.
How Do I Unlock Honeywell Thermostat With No Code?
To unlock T4 and T6 Honeywell thermostats a code, you would first have to find the device’s date code.
A date code is a recovery code that can be used if you have forgotten your passcode. To find it, remove the thermostat from the wall and inspect the subbase (the 4-digit code should be on the bake).
Add 1234 to the 4-digit date code – the result is the passcode that you can use to unlock your thermostat.
What Is the Default PIN for
The default PIN is ‘1234’. To unlock your thermostat, you would have to press the button labeled ‘unlock’ and then insert the default PIN.
How Do I Unlock My Old
- Press ‘menu’ and get to ‘lock’. To navigate the menu, you can use either the +/- buttons or the arrows.
- The thermostat can ask you if you want to unlock the device (select ‘yes’, in such a case). Some models can offer you to choose a new lock setting (if that’s the case, then select ‘off’).
- Press and hold the center button. The thermostat will now ask you to enter the 4-digit passcode.
- If you haven’t yet changed the passcode, then enter the default passcode – 1234 (if this code doesn’t work, then consult the owner’s manual). You can scroll through the numbers by using the +/- buttons or the arrows.
- Press ‘select’ to send the code.
- If you’ve managed to enter the correct code, the thermostat will be unlocked. If the password was incorrect, you’ll usually see a ‘-‘ on the screen and then the device will offer you to enter the passcode once again.
How Do You Unlock the Honeywell Thermostat 8000?
- Locate ‘system’ and ‘auto’ options on the screen. To unlock the thermostat, you would have to hold both of them down simultaneously.
- Then, hold the blank key (it’s located at the bottom of the keypad). In a second or two, the display should change.
- In the middle of the screen, you’ll find the up and down keys. Use them to change the numbers on the left to ‘0670’.
- Once again use the up and down keys to change the number on the left side to ‘0’.
- Tap ‘done’. Your thermostat has been unlocked.
How Do I Change the Password on a Honeywell Thermostat 8000?
- Press ‘menu’ and select ‘security settings’.
- Scroll through the settings and select ‘change lock code’.
- At this point, you can choose whether you want the device to be unlocked, partially locked (other users will be allowed to change only the temperature setting), or fully locked.
- After that, you can select ‘create password’ and come up with a 4-digit passcode. Use the arrows to scroll through the digits and then select ‘save’.
How Do I Unlock My T6 Pro
- Press the button in the center of the device.
- Enter the password. If you have forgotten the password, then you can try inserting the default code – 1234.
- To change the digits, use the + and – buttons.
- Click ‘select’. The thermostat has been unlocked.
How Do I Unlock My Honeywell TH8320R1003?
All you would have to do is press the center button and enter your password. If you don’t remember the password, then find the date code behind the thermostat (the password would be either that 4-digit number or the number +1234).
If that didn’t help, then you can try pressing and holding the 2nd and 4th empty squares for around 3 seconds.
How Do You Change the Passcode on a
On some Honeywell thermostats, you won’t be able to change the passcode. Once you enter the security settings menu and choose the type of lock that you want to go for, the device will show you the passcode that you would have to remember.
Have a Question? Ask HVAC Technician
Click here to use the chatbox to speak with one of our technicians.
No in-home service calls. No appointments.
How Do I Turn Off the Screen Lock on My
- Press ‘menu’ and select ‘security settings’.
- Choose ‘change lock mode’. If you want to turn the screen lock off completely, then select ‘unlocked’.
- In order to make the changes, you would have to insert the password.
How Do I Reset My
Honeywell Thermostat to Factory Settings?
Do bear in mind that if you have a programmable thermostat, then resetting your device back to the factory settings would erase the thermostat’s schedule.
It’s easy to reset battery-operated thermostats, as all you would have to do is insert the batteries backward for a few seconds and then install them back in the right way.
How exactly you would have to perform a factory reset would depend on the model of the Honeywell thermostat that you have. In the majority of cases, you would have to press and hold ‘menu’ and then select ‘reset’ and ‘factory reset’.
How Do I Reset My
Honeywell Thermostat RTH9585WF?
- Tap ‘menu’.
- Select ‘preferences’.
- Select ‘restore factory defaults’.
- Confirm that you want to reset your device. If you tap ‘yes’, then the thermostat is going to forget any user-specific settings that you might have saved before.
- After the reset, the device would ask you to enter some initial settings.
How Do I Reset My Honeywell RTH230B?
You can reset this Honeywell model by removing the batteries. Insert them back in the device in about 10 seconds.
How Do I Unlock My Thermostat?
Usually, all you would have to do is press the ‘menu’ button and then enter the passcode to unlock the device.
A thermostat can be locked to prevent any changes to the temperature settings. This will help make sure that your HVAC system stays at a certain temperature which, in its turn, can save energy and reduce costs.
How Do I Manually Override My
If you have a programmable thermostat, then the device operates according to a certain schedule. There might be days when you would want to override this programming.
Instead of erasing the whole schedule, you can simply use the ‘hold’ button.
Do You Need to Reset a
Honeywell Thermostat After Changing Batteries?
Your thermostat might not require a reset if it’s working perfectly fine after a battery change. However, if the device is malfunctioning, you can attempt resetting the thermostat by inserting the fresh batteries backward for a few seconds.